What is depression and how can it be treated with hypnotherapy?
Depression has been packaged into all shapes and forms however its effects are real and can be extremely debilitating to our day to day lives. It not only affects the individual suffering with depression but also their family, their friends, their work colleagues, their self-worth and self-confidence and ultimately, limits their enjoyment in life. It’s common that people with depression suffer this illness in silence, and make no attempts to lift themselves out it, in some cases believing that it is now just a part of their life which has been there, in some cases for many years.
Depression is an illness and with this illness, Hypnotherapy could offer a real solution to the problem. When someone is suffering with depression it can feel like you’re the only one on the planet with these feelings, “feeling lonely in a crowd” is a common expression used. Depression is so very common and will affect as many as 1 in 6 people at some point of their lives. *Please note: Results may vary from person to person
The Symptoms of Depression.
There are a number of symptoms associated with depression and in some cases will be found throughout all different types of depression, and throughout. Listed below are some of the common symptoms of depression and depressive illness:
- Prolonged feelings of sadness, loneliness or tension.
- Low levels of enjoyment and pleasure once experienced in the past.
- Significant weight changes: loss or gained
- Change in Sleeping patterns: Insomnia or early waking.
- Lethargy, feeling tired all the time and having less energy.
- Decreased ability to concentrate or remember.
- Increased pessimistic thoughts.
- Inability to make informed decisions
- Low levels of self-worth and self-esteem
- Feelings of restlessness
- Feelings of irritability
- Suicidal thoughts.
To find out more how Absolute Mind and depression treatment, give me a call.