This is session number 122 of the Absolute Mind Podcast and is the second one of 2017. I’ve already heard people say how fast this year is going. Scary, but true.
Another year has gone and as we all say, “that went fast”. The older we get the faster the years seem to pass.
And as morbid as it seems we really only get one go at this. As technology increases we find ourselves living in a virtual world. Our social lives are becoming very anti social. We turn to screens before we think to turn to people. This is the world that’s becoming real to us all. So what’s the answer?
For the last few years you will have heard how Mindfulness is on the rise. The idea of mindfulness is simple to bring all of the benefits of meditation, simply to all. Mindfulness is a small practice of becoming the observer.
This very simple practice allows us back to the now. And as we all know the now is where we all are, and most importantly, where we should spend more time and gain all we can from this one and only live.
There are a few things I’d like to suggest now. These are merely ideas and take from them what you will.
5 Tips to live in the now
- What you focus on increases! Whatever you are experiencing in your life now is a result of what you have been focussing on. It really is that simple. Focus becomes reality.
- Feelings are perfectly safe, we have been having them for years. Don’t let your mind race thinking about feelings, when real life is happening.
- The quality of your life is related to the quality of questions are ask yourself. And, your questions create your focus.
- Plan, Plan, Plan. You plan your breakfast, travel times, bedtimes and TV schedule. So how about planning your noticing time and being in the now.
- No one ever dies from a snake bite, it’s the venom inside that kills. Hate, envy, dislike, and other negative feelings towards someone or something is a certain way to take you into the vortex and away from the now.
It’s surprising how a few minutes a day can impact your life.
When will you start to stop for a moment and notice all there is around?
The hypnosis part to this podcast can give you a step up into this world. Or, should I say your new world.